Saturday, August 20, 2016

Michael Carter-Williams on Filipino Basketball Fans: "There's a lot of great fans here and they love the game"


The NBA 3X Philippines 2016 is already in full swing. Milwaukee Bucks Guard Michael Carter-Williams along with the Minnesota Timberwolves Dancers and LA Clippers Mascot Chuck The Condor will be here for the festivities until August 21, Sunday. He had a round of interviews with the Philippine Media, prior to the event's tip-off.

Hoops Family

Carter-Williams grew up with parents who happen to be former basketball players. Indeed, hoops is very much in his blood. Perhaps if it wasn't for his parents' influence, he wouldn't be the Baller that he is today. "For sure. They're the reason why I started playing," the Milwaukee Bucks Guard said. "They're coaches and they played when they were younger. So, yeah definitely they had a big influence on me.


Like Carter-Williams, his siblings are also into basketball. "Yeah! They all play, they all play basketball," disclosed Carter-Williams. "My three brothers and my sister goes to Bryant University, so she plays there also. My brothers are in High School, so they all play too."

Not just Basketball

Besides basketball, he did try playing other sports growing up and Soccer's one of them. "As a kid, I used to play a lot of plays[sic]," he confessed. "I tried to play Soccer, Baseball, Lacrosse, one year [in] Football -- so, I tried all those Sports. I did Track [and Field] in 7th grade, I think. So, I tried pretty much everything."

Play for the Flag someday

With the Olympics currently underway, the Milwaukee Bucks Guard says he dreams of playing for Team USA in the future. "Definitely a goal of mine to play for the USA Team at some point in my career. I just gotta keep chasing those goals."

"They love the game"

Teammate Khris Middleton was here in the Philippines for an NBA event last year. Middleton told him stories of how crazy Filipino fans are about basketball. "Yeah! I mean, he told me that there's a lot of great fans here and they love the game and I should enjoy myself," Carter-Williams said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment